[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: extra debate round for 1st, 6th & 7th ballots

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Fri Nov 28 01:06:42 CET 2008

De: Jens Seipenbusch <seipenbusch at web.de>
Enviado: jueves, 27 de noviembre, 2008 16:18:36
> we have more issues than that.

> We also might need to discuss the 5th voting (15th amendment), since we had a 5:4 voting there
> and two votes not casted. Additionally this is a question which might lead to rejection of the whole
> Manifesto in some national parties like the german one.

The common terms for all ballots to be debated is the original wording having less votes that the amendmend/s together -specifically, concerning 6th ballot, even it achieved supermajority, simply missing one vote to reach quorum; and concerning 1st ballot, only one vote! supported the original wording (for the 7th ballot things may be more controversial, as both amendments were vetoed; however, together they got more votes than the original wording and, furthermore, vote was severely divided there)-.

On the other hand, and if we look at rules for voting amendments, 5th voting:

- was one of the only two reaching quorum;
- the amendment got three or more votes against -i.e., it was vetoed-
- furthermore, 15th Amendment got less votes than the original wording

What are you talking about, Jens?

> If we now have a debate over the mentioned ones, i propose we also discuss about the 3rd voting
> (Amendment 13) and the 4th voting (14th amendment) with equal entitlement.

Third Voting: 1 vote for the 13th Amendment, 6 votes against
Fourth Voting: 0 votes for the 14th Amendment, 6 votes against

So, does your notion of democracy include making options which lost 1:6 (or even worse, 0:6) in their ballots finally be passed?

> > Prior to this we have to make the orthographic & grammar corrections -we need to set a way to
> > do this, and get some native English-speaking representatives involved-; after the corrections,
> > we should make a deal -an agreement which would give us the Final Draft- with enough time to
> > set internal votings aiming to be ready to sign the Manifesto in Helsinki.
> thats not feasible. The proper translation and discussion/voting inside the german party will
> probably not allow signing the manifesto in Helsinki on behalf of the german pirates.

Have you asked German pirates? I mean, in PIRATA we can issue a ballot
for the Final Draft and, if not at least half of eligible voters,
nearly half would be able to cast their telematic vote. Why wouldn't be
PPDE able to get their votes ready in this two-month window -maybe one
after the debates-?

First Draft is already translated into German -cannot speak German, though it won't be believable to pretend (just in
case that such translation is not totally right) that you need weeks!
to have it ready-, and -as long as only certain parts are going to be
debated- this two-month window perfectly allows internal debate and the
following ballot.

What would really be disallowing PPDE to cast its vote? Have you asked your fellow party members before saying that?

What are you looking for, Jens?

                                                              Carlos Ayala
                                                              ( Aiarakoa )

                                        Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman