[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: extra debate round for 1st, 6th & 7th ballots

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Fri Nov 28 12:18:18 CET 2008

De: Jens Seipenbusch <seipenbusch at web.de>
Enviado: viernes, 28 de noviembre, 2008 11:23:32

> we have issues even if you dont think we have

We have the issues we all agree; we don't have the issues you state we have.

> > Third Voting: 1 vote for the 13th Amendment, 6 votes against
> > Fourth Voting: 0 votes for the 14th Amendment, 6 votes against
> which is obviously the result of you rejecting the correct grammar of that sentences. In the form
> you admitted those amendments, they didnt make sense at all and you know that.

How do you think that the content of an amendment can be changed during a ballot? Because yours was not a grammar change -again: you made a false statement; your change (by the way, made 40 hours late and during the voting window) modified the meaning of the Amendment-.

Furthermore: it was agreed to accept Piraattipuolue's amendments -because of having been slightly out of time- and to reject your changes -because of having ben 40 hours out of time-.

> I'd prefer discussung about the _contents_ of those proposals, when the majority is of different
> opinion, its very fine with me, but dont expect me to follow stupid rules that prevent discussing
> the real thing.

Any rule which doesn't meet your criteria is a stupid rule; furthermore, as it wasn't just me but the representatives who agreed to reject your changes, are you stating that the representatives would be stupid? Because if saying that rules agreed by are stupid is insulting, that would increase the offence.

> yes, in fact thats a result of internal feedback.

Let me guess who has to feed your party back with PPI info ... you?

> Additionally we are just now preparing for the reelection in Hesse, which has a deadline for
> signature collecting mid december and the election mid january - so we are very busy and must
> take this into account (not to speak of the christmas break).

We are also in PIRATA quite busy with the signatures collection, though I'm not using it as a pretext to excuse myself for not having cooperated yet, e.g., in the EC Consultation on copyright thing. Jens, you're Mr. Excuses.

> i dont know who translated it, but as we saw in the Uppsala meeting, it can be variations of single
> words, that make a translated sentence agreeable or not. So it is not sufficient to translate it with
> google.

Leaving the Uppsala meeting aside, as I said in my former mail, you've been up from 3rd of September to fix German translation. Have you worked on it? No, sir.

> In addition we have a federal strutuce of our party, so the discussion will just take time - why do
> you think we should not be allowed to have this time?

I think that two months would have been time enough to discuss amendments in that federal structure ... unless you didn't feed your fellow party members back -in that case, and I have macbroadcast's words (Cologne's party leader's?) to guess it may have been the reason ... Länder parties would have been unable to discuss anything-.

Have you made your work as PPDE representative? or you simply neglected? Don't make others responsible for your faults, nor try to disrupt our joint efforts just trying to cover your mistakes. Regards,

                                                               Carlos Ayala
                                                               ( Aiarakoa )

                                         Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman