[pp.int.general] Proposal

Denis Simonet denis.simonet at piraten-partei.ch
Tue Aug 4 20:57:13 CEST 2009

Patrick Mächler v/o Valio wrote:
> Pirate Parties International -- General Talk
> <pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net>
>
> I would like to propose for Andrews position here - PPI Cooordinator -
> for the time beeing
>
> I don't want to sound arrogant. I don't assume I can grasp this task
> yet. I'm an idealistic guy from Switzerland and I feel the urge for an
> international coordination. Our goals are ultimately on a global level:
> We have to tackle international contracts, we want to change the world
> into something which suits better the informational age. It is of utmost
> importance that we - as parties together - find a common understanding.
>
> I don't assume that I would work on things the exact way as Andrew did.
> What I'd like to install is something sustainable. Taking over Andrews
> job, doing it for some time, stopping when I burned out and seeing that
> the succession is uncertain is the least I want to reach.
>
> My vision is to have a co-presidency (2 people) within a core team of
> 5-10 people; not a single "presidency".
> Furthermore a national delegate in each country that has an established
> party, which is will be a contact person for the core team. This person
> does not have to be in the board of directors but it should be in close
> contact with them.
>
> Tell me what you think. I already told you: I'm an idealist ;)
>
> cheers
> Patrick

Hi Patrick

As you stated correctly it is very important that such an international
coordination exists and that it shouldn't fail as it did in the past. I
fully support your plan. I'm also going to push a participation of the
Swiss PP as soon as we've finished our own organization tasks.

Speaking as the current president of the Pirate Party Switzerland, I'd
of course like to see one of our members in this position :)
Despite from this personal point of view I can, considering our recent
chats, agree that you're the right man for this position. So good luck
and go on!

I also share the opinion that a team of leaders and a core team for the
PPI would be much better than a single person who has to do all.

Kind regards,
Denis
--
Denis Simonet