[pp.int.general] Finland's Pirate Party Enters Official Party Register

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Thu Aug 20 00:39:37 CEST 2009

1) Congratulations. I highlighted it on my blog, and we sent a PR as well.

2) The AFP article was very interesting, particularly the quote from the
Finnish IFPI director:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ipwp8ekbh9qwu2I_5mBIGQBCNZ9w

> "We are absolutely against the idea that any political party can give
their support
> to the idea of free use of protected content," said Arto Alaspää, the
director of
> IFPI Finland (International Federation of the Phonographic Industry).

IFPI is absolutely opposed to the fact that a political party is allowed
to support a particular idea? Does he even understand himself what he
just said? I'm not sure if a "yes" or "no" answer is scarier.

Rick