[pp.int.general] Dutch platform internet security

Steffen Ortmann steffen.ortmann at piraten-thueringen.de
Wed Dec 9 03:31:24 CET 2009

Situation in Germany.
A few months ago (in time for the elections) the minister for family affairs
came up with the same idea. Who would oppose fighting child pornography?
Pirates did! The blacklist was supposed to be secret and the police
was supposed to block the sites with no judge involved.
We suspected that this could be used for censoring the Internet.
You start with child pornography and move on to racism and on to
sites that criticise the government.
The surname of the (female) minister was Ursula which we turned into
Zensursula which means Censorella (don't know if my translation does
it any justice). The t-shirt turned out a big success:
http://www.3dsupply.de/shop/detail.php?PID=00004857

We were criticised heavily "how can you be against fighting child
pornography ???" but it also lead to a leap in the development
of the German PP. It shocked the world of the digital natives
and brought us a few thousand new members - no they're not
pedophiles but people who oppose censorship.

Even though the law was passed it will not be enforced any time
soon. Thanks to pirates they decided to limit the time it would
be applicable before it has to be evaluated again.
They also made a law that would suspend the first one
and our Federal President who has to sign the law
is refusing to do so at the moment. There were lawsuit filed
against the law at the constitutional court and we had the biggest
official online petition ever (134.000 signatures) against the law.
Overall a big success for the PP (with a little help from the FDP
and a few ohther organisations) and an epic fail for the government.

I can't belive our neighbouring country wants to make the
same mistake only a few months later.

Could not find much information in English, sorry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zugangserschwerungsgesetz
http://ak-zensur.de/englisch/

Hope this was helpfull for you.

Steffen