[pp.int.general] Dutch platform internet security

Steffen Ortmann steffen.ortmann at piraten-thueringen.de
Wed Dec 9 16:32:55 CET 2009

2009/12/9 Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl>:

> Another fundamental question is whether chrild porn should really be
> forbidden. This topic is really a taboo: there is so much indignation about
> abusing children. But why is virtual (computer created) child porn also
> forbidden? Yesterday our minister explicitly referred to it. While
> previously the argument was that real and virtual porn is hard to
> distinguish. Now the minister said that it shows lack of respect towards

We argued that child pornography is not "an Internet thing". It happens
in real life. Internet is just another way to distribute it. Most of it seems
to be sent by mail delivery anyway cause apparently that leaves less traces
behind.

Our punchline was "löschen statt sperren" - "deleting instead of blocking".
When we were asked why we oppose fighting child
pornography we said that we want the stuff to disappear forever
instead of attempting to block the sites. The "firewall" can be
easily circumvented for those who really want access to the stuff
but when it is deleted there is nothing to access. We also told
people that we want people get punished for distributing child
pornography. Blocking is no punishment but the right way to deal
with those people is to let the police take care of them.
That convinced most people that our way ist the right way.
Plus what you really get is a "ministry of censorship".

> children. No, I am not a pedosexual. But afaik pedoxexuality is like
> homosexuality in the sense that it happens to people unvolutarily and can
> not be cured. Would every pedosexual abuse children? I don't abuse women
> because they attract me. Like you can't "teach" homosexuals to be attracted
> by people of the opposite sex, you can not teach pedosexuals to "respect"
> children. I would argue that abundant virtual porn would rather prevent
> pedosexuals from abusing real children. DOn't constitutions typically forbid
> discrimination by sexual orientation?

One of our Pirates who studies psychology said in Germany it is classified
as a desease. It cannot be treated but what you can do is behavioural therapy.
Guys have to learn to avoid chidren if they cannot deal with it.

> We used to have a pedo party. But that is the wrong approach. They never
> made the parliamtn. And PP should not (directly!) identify itself with such
> activists.

We were offered support from pedos but told them that we don't want it.

> Ich beherrsche die deutsche Sprache auch.

Wouln't be polite of me to post in German on this list, woud it? :-)

Im Internet gibts viel zu finden zum Zugangerschwerungsgesetz.
Wenn du noch weitere Infos brauchst helfen euch die deutschen
Piraten mit Sicherheit gerne weiter.

7 months ago when the whole thing started in Germany we had about
1100 Pirates. Now were past 11.000. If you handle this thing right,
there is much to gain for you.

Steffen

Jetzt auch per Wave erreichbar: steffen.ortmann at googlewave.com