[pp.int.general] TOR users and others (polish digg users) are Polish Pedofiles?

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Fri Dec 18 14:00:48 CET 2009

On 18.12.2009, at 12:50, Błażej Kaczorowski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We need a little international attencion about one Polish PM and
> newspaper. He asked out ministry of "Internal Affairs and
> Administration" about pedofiles that uses TOR networks to get
> anonymity. Here (http://www.krzysztofbrejza.pl/?id=209). He wanted
> to know if there is some way to forbid to use TOR in Poland fe.
>
> This question was published as link on our national digg site
> (wykop.pl) - 110k registerd users, 2,5mln users, 33 mln views. This
> question received a lot on commnets about stupidity of this idea and
> a lot of sarcastic notes and quips. I've also had written a comment
> about it using ironic idea to send some pictures to MP is some1 have
> some. here: (http://www.wykop.pl/link/270224/uzywasz-tor-a-no-to-po-zrobi-z-ciebie-pedofila
> ) - "you use TOR - we will make you PEDOFILE"
>
> Yeterday big national newspaper written article that TOR users and
> wykop.pl users are threatening PM, wants to kill him and he is
> afraid of his family security and wants to receive safeguards to
> protect him. The article is suggestiong that users of wykop.pl and
> TOR are pedofiles or support pedofile activities. here (http://www.rp.pl/artykul/17,407210.html
> ) "PM on a scope of pedofiles". Funny stuff is that one of comments
> in this article taken by journalist from wykop.pl is my own :)
>
> I have written mail to newspaper to ask them if they realy want to
> say that my comment has something to do with pedofile activities and
> why the post articles that accuse (indirectly) 2,5mln polish
> internet users that they support pedofile.
>
> I received an answer that she know better if my comment was
> sarcastic or not and that it is pedofile frendly comment :P

Hello,

Is'nt it that there is a clarification beeath that article on RP.pl
you link to, that states that it is not meant to "go after all
wykop.pl users, but just after the three that are cited in the
article? In that case it is difficult to say, that they are after 2.5
mln polish internet users...

As far as I understand the comments cited in the RP article, they
suggest to send out some child pornography pictures anonymously (to
the mailbox of mr. Krzysztof Brejza ?) - such suggestions are indeed
pedophile friendly, and it is difficult to see it in a different light.

so taken the clarification of RP they are only fighting against TOR -
this is bad enough, but since most "digital immigrants" do not know
what TOR is and what it can be used for I would suggest to try and
educate people about the positive aspects of TOR - like fighting
censorship in China and Iran.

In Germany the Bavarian branch of the Pirate Party is operating a
large anonymity JonDonym server similar to TOR - https://piratenpartei-bayern.de/Anonymisierungsserver
  , the Hesse brach is setting up an TOR-Exit Server http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Landesverband_Hessen/Tor_Exit_Node
as an important action to support anonymity in internet and to fight
censorship.

I can make contact to the people involving in operations / set up of
this servers, if you like.

best regards, Gregory Engels
Germany