[pp.int.general] where is the manifesto?

Richard M Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sat Jan 3 16:21:41 CET 2009

    For brevity, I will give my comments here, not within the text below.
    Firstly, on changing TRIPS: perhaps I did not make clear enough that there
    are short term, realistic options fosterering PP ideas that don't need a
    TRIPS change.

"Fostering" certain ideas does is not the same as fully implementing
them.  Certainly there are ways to partially implement the PP ideas
without changing TRIPES.  There are ways to make progress without even
changing EU directives.

It does not follow that the PP should abandon the aim of changing them
or stop talking about fully implementing its ideas.