[pp.int.general] Of State and Main (I can't come up with a better subject)

Per von Zweigbergk per.von.zweigbergk at piratpartiet.se
Thu Jan 8 01:26:08 CET 2009

7 jan 2009 kl. 18.54 skrev Glenn Kerbein:

> Frankly, I'm disappointed with the PPI list, as a whole. Namely due to
> absurd topics being drawn out, flame wars raging on, and crackpot
> ideas
> being thrown around.
> For the past month or so, I've simply just ignored the PPI list for
> these reasons. There are no topics that are simple sane enough for
> me to
> swallow, or are just apropos of nothing.
> I don't know what on track is, but I know what it is not. It is not
> what
> the list has been raging on about; everyone needs to get their head on
> straight and get back on topic.

I have to agree. The current level of posting is too academic and
definitely much too verbose for my taste.

I'd like to remind Carlos and Reiner that this mailing list isn't
their personal legal philosophy club, and that most discussions are
outside of the scope of the goal of this mailing list.

There's nothing wrong with discussions on pirate ideology, but I
frankly don't see how discussions about the minor points about the
European Charter of Human Rights is going to advance the cause of
Pirate Parties internationally.

I'd like to suggest that Carlos and Reiner, if you like to have these
long discussions about minor points of law, to move these discussions
into private e-mail, and only post here if there is some relevant news
from your respective countries, of if there is something you feel
merits wider discussion.

And when you do post on this list, *please*, be brief. Not everybody
has the patience to read the equivalent of 20 pages of legalistic
discussions every day just in case you happen to say something
interesting.

--
Per von Zweigbergk

VARNING: E-post till och från Sverige, eller som passerar servrar i
Sverige, avlyssnas av Försvarets Radioanstalt, FRA.
WARNING: E-mail to and from Sweden, or via servers in Sweden, is
intercepted by the Swedish National Defense Radio Establishment.