[pp.int.general] Of State and Main (I can't come up with abetter subject)

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Thu Jan 8 09:49:08 CET 2009

> There's nothing wrong with discussions on pirate ideology, but I  frankly
> don't see how discussions about the minor points about the  European
> Charter of Human Rights is going to advance the cause of  Pirate Parties
> internationally.
Indeed. As you may have noted, I am trying to get away from the "human
rights" argument all the time. Still, it is very prominent in the (present
version of the) Manifesto - so it needs to be adapted imho. If you also
believe that human rights considerations are not very helpful (or even
potentially detrimental) in PP politics, don't blame us for the debate, but
get involved and support me in the perception that we should prefer other,
less academic arguments - if only because there is actually an abundance of
very convincing arguments of that type.

reinier