[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: status of internal ballots

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at pr.unimaas.nl
Thu Jan 15 01:49:14 CET 2009

Thx4 your since comments.
Some preliminary answers.
First, my schedule simply did not allow me to react earlier.
Second, w8&c, the text I have in mind will be less rather than more
legalistic. It is difficult, but I sincerely believe one must get directly
to the point.
Third, I envisage a political document, not a formal ("legal") statute. It
should be an appealing text. The German PP text will serve as an example
Fourth, should law play a role for a law maker? It my sounds contradictory,
but - to make a long story short - yes, in order to prevent statements that
will disqualify the PP *immediately* as unrealistic. Imho the challenge is
rather to make very nasty proposals that still fit into any conceivable
framework.
Finally, the Dutch PP is close to dead, but I try to involve people from
ScriptumLibre. Remmebr that in NL it is relatively easy to found a new
political party - so I feel a responsibility.