[pp.int.general] philosophy vs. action

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sat Jan 17 14:20:12 CET 2009

Reinier Bakels wrote:
>> Wrong. It starts from *democracy*, specifically with the following
>> first words: "/The stated purpose of democracy is that the government
>> represents the people/".
> I skipped that as completely obvious.
When there are 3 million Spaniards (about 10 % of eligible voters, and
more than 10 % of actual voters) against levies, and in spite of that no
single MP voted against levies in 2006 -when Spanish /IP/ law was
passed-, or when Spanish PP Governement (yes, PP, Popular Party ...
because *we are PPI*) cooperated with Bush's Iraq War efforts against
the will of 90 % of citizens, it proves that it's not obvious anymore.

As an example of it not being obvious: you still believe (don't know
why) that Spanish Government party's MPs listen to the opposition
parties when those parties have proposals differing from Government's view.
> Or if you believe that PP should (also) strive for governance reform -
> I think PP should stay out of that. The basics are obvious, the
> details are controversial, and vary by country. I am opposed against
> (most) referenda, but I am aware that many PP supporters favour referenda.
Pirate Manifesto doesn't aim for direct democracy, but to demand
government transparency & responsibility; it's a Deutsches Piraten
Partei issue,

http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto_parties_at_a_glance

so yes, you're right: in inner democracy, most's weight is higher than
one's weight.
>> About the rest of your mail, belongs to a cyclic exposition of thoughts
> Boaring, isn't it?
Mmm ...
> Why do you force me to address the same topics again and again?
Don't run away from facts: I don't force you to address to nothing, you
simply don't accept that PIRATA is a sovereign party ruled by its
members, not by you; thus, I'm here to fulfill PIRATA members' will, not
yours.

And as you don't accept it, you again and again repeat the same, somehow
expecting that I suddenly state "/Reinier, how wrong I was! how wasn't I
able to see it?/"; what you don't seem to understand is that -besides
the fact that it's pretty obvious that I can't agree with you on certain
topics and, thus, I don't agree- *what I individually think doesn't
matter* -if I don't agree with PIRATA's majority, the door for me
leaving my office (and even the party) is always opened-, but *what
matters is the party members' will* -if you are interested on legitimate
and directly influence PIRATA, any time you move to Spain you can become
PIRATA member, regardless of your nationality, as long as you legally
live here in Spain-. Have you got it this time?

*PIRATA's goal for PPI is that the same principle applies: that pirate
parties can be considered as peers, and that what PPI decides can never
be decided by a single individual/party, but following inner democracy*.
Whether you want it or not.

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman