[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: PIRATA internal ballot, results

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sun Jan 25 01:32:54 CET 2009

Christian Hufgard wrote:
> Well, last time Jens pointed out, that he was chosen to represent the
> german pirates. So he represents and decides. Some people don't like
> this way, but must just don't care about ppi and the manifesto.
> Espacially, since there does not exist a german version that a
> non-natural-english-speaker can fully understand.
While I'm not a German language academic, what is this?

http://int.piratenpartei.de/images/a/ac/PirateManifestoFirstDraft_DE.pdf

I mean, I think Helmut Pozimski wrote it; unless Helmut's German were so
deficient -and I don't think so, otherwise you would have tons of
troubles within Piraten Partei to communicate with him-, that's a German
version. Better or worse, I don't know -if worse, why have nobody
*during months* decided to fix its possible mistakes?-.

Also, I don't agree it as a valid argument for other two simple reasons:

- if you didn't enjoy Helmut's translation, you might have done a new
one; thus maybe you weren't aware (Jens' fault) or you enjoyed it, and
if you enjoy Helmut's translation but think that Final Drafts would need
translations as well, provided that Final Drafts are reasonably simmilar
to First Draft -with just specific modifications-, why have nobody at
Piraten Partei done any translation?

As long as there are English-speaking people in Piraten Partei, I think
that if no new translations have been made *in months* it's only due to
anyone haven't had the will to do it. Regards,

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman