[pp.int.general] [Cafe] Joe Biden is an enemy

Aigars Mahinovs aigarius at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 04:24:22 CET 2009

2009/1/21 Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl>:
> New US vice president is a fanatic fighter against "theft" of "intellectual
> property":
> http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=107_senate_hearings&docid=f:78178.pdf
> Democrats are known to be good friends with Holywood.

Could be, however Obama is a pragmatist - the election campaign used
Linux and free software wherever it was useful and helpful (servers,
communication software and even web terminals at some offices). Obama
has asked some free software people to write a report on the state of
free software. If we can prove to him that free software is a very
good thing for US economy and that it is being hurt by overreaching
patent and sometimes even copyright legislation, we might get some
headway in US as well.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius at debian.org