[pp.int.general] Our ideology

Alex Foti alex.foti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 13:00:09 CEST 2009

in europe antiauthoritarian is a codeword for anarchist (viz. greece).
it's true that libertarian in america can be either freemarket right
or antiauthoritarian left, but in europe
libertarian/libertaire/libertario has a leftist tinge and it'd be hard
to prove the contrary. i understand the electoral need for being a
catchall party appealing to all sectors of voters, but political
science does have a certain objectivity and the pirate party currently
sits in Strasbourg on the left of the divide inaugurated by the french
revolution. I guess it'd also be interesting to investigate pirate
parties' positions on the current Great Recession, but let's leave
that for another thread.

ciao, lx