[pp.int.general] Our ideology

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Fri Jul 31 16:06:59 CEST 2009

> The policy of removing copyright for non-profit filesharing can be
> interpreted as both left wing (anti-monopoly) and right wing (letting
> the market set the cost of goods at a price that reflects the zero
> cost of duplication).

Basically this confirms what founder Rick Falckvinge says: the information
age needs information politics - which is an entirely new fields.

Four a couple of centuries, copyings was so difficult that the old property
paradigms from Roman law could easily be applied to information, but with
the advent of copying machines (copiers, taperecorders), copyin becase easy,
and in the digital age, lossless copying became a fact. Then we got the
Internet and pervasive broadband internet which was the final blow at the
historical legal fiction - which was just based on limitations of the
technology of the time.

The advent of printing technology in the 15th century gave many more people
access to the bible, which triggered the renaissance and the reformation in
the 16th century and the enlightment in the 17th century.

The effect of Internet in the late 20th century is a similar revolution in
our culture.

Don't let dreadful conservative enforcement creatures without any vision
spoil progress via politics.

reinier