[pp.int.general] cultural flatrate: PP position?

Christian pp at christian-hufgard.de
Mon Jun 8 22:33:56 CEST 2009

Hi Félix,

> Christian, here is an idea: if you want a cultural flatrate, that is, impose
> a tax for sustaining culture, impose that tax on "original" copies, not on
> internet, not on blank CDs/DVDs, not on MP3 players, not on computers,
> don't impose the tax directly on every citizen and also don't impose the tax
> on the government (because then every citizen would be paying that tax).
>
> Apply the tax on the "original" copies,  tax  cinema tickets, tax music
> albums avaible on stores, tax DVDs, tax concert tickets, tax books, tax
> cable tv.
>
> You want a tax? then pay it, but I won't.

And why not also add this tax on internet accounts? We could also take
this tax and invest it for the creation of free culture.  Kind of "take
from the rich and give to the poor". If we communicate, that we take the
money and give it to the artists - instead of giving it to the
rightholders - even 90% of the artists will be on our side.

And I really believe, that we need artists, that can live from creating art.

Christian