[pp.int.general] Some info required about Jörg Tauss.

Sun Jun 21 11:12:50 CEST 2009

Translation of our press release about Tauss:

Member of Parliament ("MdB") Mr. Jörg Tauss declared his accession to the
Piratenpartei Deutschland today. The Piratenpartei Deutschland welcomes him
into the party as one of the most experienced politicians in the areas of
education, research and new media.

This step takes part at the interim culmination of a long chain of failures
of the SPD (Social Democratic Party of Germany) in the areas of civil rights
in the digital age and shows a dramatic loss of their credibility inside and
outside.

By adoption of the "Zugangserschwerungsgesetz" (Access Restriction Law) last
Thursday the governing coalition pushed through a legislation, that is rated
unconstitutional by many experts for many reasons and that has no deeper
purpose than creating a infrastructure for censorship, controlled by police
authorities. This is covered only poorly by the pretended purpose to fight
child pornography in communication networks.

Investigations by the federal prosecutor have started in the run-up to the
debate about internet blockades against Mr. Tauss that cover the possession
of material containing child pornography.

We know that also Mr. Zierke and Mrs. von der Leyen showed material
containing child pornography in this debate as an "argument" against Mr.
Tauss' position. As long as there will be no criminal conviction against Mr.
Tauss, the Piratenpartei has no reason to question Mr. Tauss innocence and
moral integrity.

It may be difficult to understand for outsiders, that Mr. Tauss is still
commenting on this delicate topic despite these severe accusations, but
along with him over 134.000 people signing a petition against Internet
blockades made clear, that it is worse for them to remain silent on this
impertinent attack against our democracy than to defend themselves against
the unjustified accusation of defending child pornography.

Even the "Initiative Missbrauchsopfer gegen Internetsperren (MOGIS)"
(initiative of abuse victims against Internet blockades) is fighting this
law; these are exactly the people that the minister for family affairs
pretends to represent.

Against superficial news coverage many protagonists are personally involved,
since an infrastructure for censorship offers the easy possibility to
suppress other unwanted parts of the Internet. The kinsmanlike and financial
entanglements of the potential beneficiaries start with Mrs. Krogmann and do
not even stop at Mrs. von der Leyen.

We PIRATES are not the ones that have chosen the back of abused children as
the scene of a debate about civil rights in the Internet. This was done by
the CDU (Christian Democratic Union - German political party) and the SPD
followed them on the nose ring.

We welcome every upright democrat in our joint fight for civil rights and
against a surveillance society.

Welcome pirate Tauss!

--
Bitte beachte, dass dem Gesetz zur Vorratsdatenspeicherung zufolge
jeder elektronische Kontakt mit mir sechs Monate lang gespeichert wird.

http://piratenpartei.de/navigation/politik/ueberwachung/vorratsdatenspeicherung