[pp.int.general] Pirate Party from Spain.

David Arcos david.arcos at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:55:22 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Nicolas Sahlqvist <nicco77 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Enrique,

Hi,

> You meant to say you are the international public relations
> coordinator for the Spanish Pirate Party I think.

Yes

> Great to see that you are are putting international relationships back
> on the agenda, perhaps you can tell us what is going on in Spain at
> the moment? I know Telefónica (partly state owned telephone and ISP
> company)

Telefonica was owned by the state, but not anymore (since 1997!)

> decided to blocked Skype recently since they have there own
> VoIP service,

never heard of that.

> is this a issue for PP.es?

Please, don't call us "PP.es". PP stands for Partido Popular: http://pp.es/
They are a conservative, extreme-right-wing, retrograde and homophobic
political party in Spain (and still, they are the second most voted party).

Just imagine: Spanish trolls try to offend us by nicknaming us "PPirata".

What other issues do you have on the table?

Quite a lot:
* SGAE (Spanish RIAA) has being very aggressive recently -
http://torrentfreak.com/?s=sgae
* Our new Culture Minister comes right from the lobby and want to "put some
order in the internet"
* While we have full rights to share multimedia (non-commercially), they
want to take out this right
* Our internet access really sucks. The government wants to apply the
3-strikes. Oh, and they want to put a tax on our ISP bills, to pay the
public TV!
* We could not get into the EU elections, so we are preparing for the local
ones. We are making Territorial Associations in some Spanish regions, in
order to grow bottom-to-top.

BTW: Welcome and good luck! :)