[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Bernhard Schillo b.schillo at gmx.net
Sun Nov 1 14:48:10 CET 2009

Richard Stallman schrieb:
>     > You seem to be running through all the argumemts and all the
>     > propaganda terms that the publishers use.  It would seem that you
>     > are actually their supporter.
>
>     Definitivly not. I am a strong supporter of free content - thus I fight
>     the (illegal) use of unfree content. The more unfree contest is used,
>     the less free content is used.
>
> The aim of the Pirate Party, as I understand it, is to win more
> freedom in the use of all works.  What you propose to do
> goes directly against that.  You support precisely the
> restrictions that the Pirate Party seeks to eliminate.
> Everything you have said results from that basic difference
> of goals.
i'm very glad to read that in such clear words. And that Rick and others
see it in a similar way.

In Germany the Pirate Party had a kind of a "hype" during the last
elections and it became "hip" to be a pirate while the aims of the
pirate party concerning copyrights/patents weren't presented very good.
The focus was on "civil rights". That's how the media presents us here
and there are pretty much people in the party who focus on "civil
rights" or "free internet" and in my opinion didn't understood the aim
as you describe it. I always tried to focus more on the copyright/patent
goal, because i'm a copyright activist and this was my reason to be one
of the founders of the german Pirate Party. But there are people like
Christian Hufgard, who hijacks every discussion about this topics,
argues in the way of the media industry and discusses the topic to death.

That's a big problem in the german pirate party because so the media
industry has a walk-over. The media of course presents willingly the
people in the party who talk a lot of bullshit about whatever, but when
it comes to the copyright-topic they describe us as antisocial people
who want everything for free. Some crazy young nerds who spend too much
time in front of the computer. And there is nobody who is really good at
arguing for free culture. I already thought, perhaps it was no good idea
to found a party. In other countries it may be different. The Pirate
Party in Sweden was the first one, the "mother-party", and i think
that's why Pirat Partiet is more bound to the basic ideals. In other
countries the Pirate Parties are not (yet) that big like in germany and
that's why there are more pirates who are bound to the basic ideals
(like there were in germany in the beginning, too). But we are a
political party and according to the laws for political parties
everybody can become a member. Because we got "hyped" without focussing
on copyrights/patents now we have a lot of members who still didn't have
a clue about the basic ideals. There are power games and intrigues in
the party which disgust people like me.

You may have noticed how Christian Hufgard attacked me in this
discussion. When talking to him in "real life" i would lough at him and
his ridiculous accusations. But on a mailinglist he can come with the
same ridiculous accusations again and again and i have not enough time
to start over again and again from the same point. So i have no choice
but to ignore him and the Pirate Party Germany can become taken over by
such people or at least prevented from working on its basic topics.

Regards
Bernhard Schillo