[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Tue Nov 3 14:25:43 CET 2009

Hi ninHer,

> As a member of both sides of the scene ( FSF and PPI), i think that you
> two
> are right but are taking sharp too much the pencil. Of course the term or
> phrase "using everything, everywhere, everytime...." said by Christian, is
> about the software licensed under a free software licenses and respecting
> the
> four pillars of Free software. At this point everything is right. Both,
> use just free software in their daily tasks.

Erm. But Pirate Parties want the right to use everything for free - not
only free software. Of course only non commercial use - but this is more
than just private use.

> I don't think the intention of Christian is interfere here, but clarify
> in a
> extreme way some delicate issues regarding, for example, when an artist
> wants
> to receive money having released, in this case, music in a non tangible
> way, using a non tangible mean/device either.

Yes. And I question why pirates do not want to accept this authors wishes
- and use free art instead.:)

> Now imagine translating or taking the concept of this nature to
> the
> regular citizens over the world, and try to explain them in a short,
> concise and "one size fits all" way .

For a private person this leads to "everything can be legally downloaded
for free". :)

> This is shared goal for both FSF and PPI, IMO,
> spread the idea of the importance of keep the freedom using the new
> technologies in cyberspace and remark the right to use free software when,
> how and wherever we are.

I'd like to add a "do not use unfree stuff, if there is free stuff
available doing (nearly) the same job instead of breaking laws."

Christian