[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Tue Nov 3 15:47:41 CET 2009

>> It's pretty intersting, that in the thread "3-step usage rights / forced
>> licensing model" moral rights are beeing defined. Also there have been
>> given examples, that five year commercial copyright might be not
>> sufficant. And nobody starts to flame the persons who write that...
>>
> Well, the moral right does not effect the use of content for
> non-commercial
> use, the way you expressed your opinions disregarded the distinction
> between
> commercial and non-commercial use and that is a critical point to the
> discussion.

Oh, I did not mix it up. I just wish that pirates respects the wishes of
creators and do not share their art, if they do not wish it to be shared.

>> Yeah, but reducing copyrights to five years will espacially harm smaller
>> rightholders. They loose their copyrights after five years and whatever
>> they produced can be produced cheaper by the big ones. Of course, for
>> consumers this is great. Also for the major labels... But what about the
>> artists? Today they still get money if a 10 year old copy of their work
>> is
>> produced.
>>
> The artists would have to adapt by arranging concerts, produce new
> content
> (the world changes in 10 years so there should be enough inspiration), get
> paid as advisories for othethat does not appear to be the case.r artists
> etc. or get a "normal" work as I previously stated.

I think, the majority of the pirates here really wants it the hard way...
Why do you put so much effort in getting free copies of Britney Spears and
such? There is so much more art out that, that is FREE. Support it and the
world will change faster as if you try to modify the current laws.

>> So there is a chance, that I still am a pirate, even if I respect the
>> creators wishes?
>>
> You do not have to agree with all the PP's principles in order to be a
> pirate, but it helps to be in sync with your members when you have a
> leading
> position within a PP and the flamewar discussion with German PP's on this
> list kinda indicates that this is not the case.

I have no leading position. I am just one of two press officers of the
hessian pirates. But in the last days I found out, that I am not the only
one thinking the way I do. There are more pirates that prefere to use free
content to change the world. :)

Christian