[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Nicolas Sahlqvist nicco77 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:30:05 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Christian Hufgard
<pp at christian-hufgard.de>wrote:

> Oh, I did not mix it up. I just wish that pirates respects the wishes of
> creators and do not share their art, if they do not wish it to be shared.
>
> Thanks for making that clear.

> > The artists would have to adapt by arranging concerts, produce
> new content
> > (the world changes in 10 years so there should be enough inspiration),
> get
> > paid as advisories for othethat does not appear to be the case.r artists
> > etc. or get a "normal" work as I previously stated.
>
> I think, the majority of the pirates here really wants it the hard way...
> Why do you put so much effort in getting free copies of Britney Spears and
> such? There is so much more art out that, that is FREE. Support it and the
> world will change faster as if you try to modify the current laws.
>
> I do not mind to support free art and software, but there are not always
alternatives (I happen to be a expat and getting Swedish books and movies
are not distributed here, besides most other non English movies here are
only subtitled in Dutch and  series I like to watch that may not even reach
Europe..) and people may prefer non-free art and I do not see a issue with
breaking a respect that never existed in the 1st place. It is ok to record
music from the radio and movies from the TV for non-profit use, but when
downloading the same content we are not giving the artist respect and in
some countries breaking local law? The argument falls on it's own silliness.

> I have no leading position. I am just one of two press officers of the
> hessian pirates.

Ok.

- Nicolas