[pp.int.general] Anti-Piracy Cash Operation

coretx coretx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 18:20:51 CET 2009

On the "entrapment" they are using various tricks for this.

Example,
Company A, in Jurisdiction A does the entrapment.
Company A provides "proof" to company "B" that resides in jurisdiction
"B".
Company C f*cks over pirates using data from "B", while being in
jurisdiction D.
In some jurisdictions, entrapment is legal. And in some cases it's
hard to proof that it is "entrapment".
In case "B" is being trapped on using entrapment, they destroy it, and
setup a company Z.
A typical type "A" company is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaDefender
And you already know the story behind it. Including the "trade
secrets" argument being used.

Ofcourse, that's just one  the constructions in a nutshell. Also,
Davenport Lyons is notorious for using every dirty trick in the book.
Once, i was invited to the offices of one of their "clients". Because
the wanted to "learn" from me and a friend,
after my friend "settled" ( legal extortion ) with them. However, it
turned out to be a trap. Luring us into another country, other
legislation.
And f*ck us over there, or so they planned.This was about mimicking a
protocol, and applying it within a home network.
Plus, writing guides for people so that they could learn howto to do
it themselves. ( Basically doing nothing but filtering and replacing
data between 2 devices on a local home network. )

"By accident" i got my hands on a database of one of Davenports Lyons
biggest clients.
And some case examples.
If someone is doing research on them, i could easily arrange xs.
However, a NDA needs to be signed before transferring the data.

N.B Keep in mind that this is just experience talk. If you really want
to know what is going on, talk to some lawyers.