[pp.int.general] Big Brother in NL?

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:28:13 CET 2009

Particulates is a good poitn. I've had a mostly blocked nose for
almost 7 years, ever since I moved to Ga. It's very dirty air.

I even have to clean out my PCs every 6 months, and I have an
airfilter running 24/7 in this room. That's mostly not vehicles
though, but the roads, and certainly my road. I just took some pics
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/ktetch/ppus/?action=view&current=FILE0159.jpg
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/ktetch/ppus/?action=view&current=FILE0160.jpg

On the second, you can see the start of the actual paved area, leading
into the complex. 159 is the way all heavy vehicles (the trash truck,
the shcool bus etc) has to come, because the other way has a humped
railway crossing (risk of grounding). We've had a lot of rain the past
week (about 10cm) so it's not kicking up dust now, and the county put
a roller down it about 2 months ago, but imagine summer. No rain for 3
months. This is just clay, with some stones. huge clouds of dust
behind. If you've ever watched CannonBall Run 2, at the start when the
Diablo is going from white to red, thats what it's like.

Particulates are a big problem here. As for flooding, We were almost
flooded last week, we're 588ft above sea level. Atlanta flooded back
in September (http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/09/17/28/slideshow_1281796_b23.jpg),
and it's 1000ft above sea level. We've had longer droughts, followed
by heavier rains, causing flash-floods. These are more deadly than
rising sea levels, which are, at least, mostly predictable.