[pp.int.general] About TELECOM statement.

ninHer enrique at errea.es
Wed Nov 25 20:51:16 CET 2009

	Hi:

First of all, and have been awaiting some time for some kind of reply from
some pirate party, I'd like to say that we in PIRATA do not agree with the
explanation of the YES given by Mr.Engström to the Telecom Package. Specially
and specifically to the part regarding that any kind of court would block
internet access and restrict other civic rights and liberties. For example,
here in Spain, this is only possible if a real judge from a real court gives
green light to it, e.g., to seize publications, to wiretap communications and
to make home registers. Obviously to cut off internet access includes
everything listed and much more.
Have all of you (pirate parties) agreed with Engström's statement?. If you do,
why? And if you do not, why either?
Apart from this, in the light of Uppsala Declaration which states the need to
“adhere to the highest standards of democracy” and also follow.”principles as
transparent government”, and considering that the pirate movement actually has
one MEP in the Europarliament (going to be two beginning in December 1st
2009), is going to be normal and frequent having Swedish Piratpartiet MEPs
visiting the PPI list in order to:
explain their parliamentary activity,
explain what do they vote and why, and
make themselves available to the applause or criticism from the rest of pirate
parties?
			Best regards.

				Enrique Errea.
				II. RR. Spanish Pirate Party (PIRATA).