[pp.int.general] Pirate Party UK Critism

Johnathan Phan johnniephan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 17:06:29 CEST 2009

I am a member of the UK political party,

Most of the points in this blog are taken out of context.

http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11 <http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=611> &t=611

1>  As shown from the Thread and poll started August 26 for this. I see an over whelming favor for the thread to be moved back into the public domain. I am curious why this was not carried out as part of the will of the people.

2>  Homophobic topic from Andy was actually caused by an leadership debate concerning the current policy “or wording of a policy” that could make the PPUK look bad or even stupid as it can be misinterpreted.

I found it amusing myself, because I am one of the channel administrators for the PPUK channel. I was accused of being homophobic and scaring a new volunteer away for pretending to be gay with another IRC channel admin. After using logs of the conversation and logically walking through the state of mind the individuals who made the accusation had to be under. I showed two individuals, that they got the facts wrong and became a fundamentalist who has extended the meaning for their own personal vindication and self gratification to persecute someone for something they didn’t do. Not only that, but the original person supposedly offended, was actually just going AFK because he needed to go to the loo.

3>  The individual has straw manned the argument against the obscene images act. Since the article they linked clearly stated that a clear use of common sense was required. Obviously such a stupid stick drawing would not land you in prison under the PPUK recommendation.

All the article dos is highlight the possible negative effects by opening that door. PPUK will be the target of many activists if an incident is found where the “wording of a policy that advocated the free transmission of indecent images” was to be backed by us.