[pp.int.general] Environmentalists and pirates, free information perspective

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Tue Oct 27 17:30:22 CET 2009

    > I don't decide Pirate Party policies, but I think the right thing to
    > do is to tell business to jump in the lake,

    How do you do that withoutdecreasing people's standard of living?

Maybe that isn't possible.  If survival of civilization requires
sacrifices, let's make them.

If efficiency measures solve the problem without a decrease in
standard of living, that's nice.  Part of the government policies we
need are policies to make sure lots of efficiency measures are
adopted.

Perhaps a big tax on activities that contribute to global warming
is desirable.