[pp.int.general] UK - Number 10 petition

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Thu Oct 29 03:04:07 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 23:45 +0000, W Tovey wrote:
> I had a look at that petition a while back and while it is good
> publicity and a start (I signed it), I think their statement is quite
> badly phrased. Hopefully once PPUK has clear policies we can start on
> more better worded petitions; not to mention an election campaign.

Related to that - has anyone looked at Mandy's latest draft for 3
strikes?

If posting a 'mashup' containing copyrighted material you're not
licensed to use on YouTube could fall foul of it, then it might tie
neatly in with the EU report on user generated content.

That, I think, would make a far more forceful petition to kill the
proposed legislation and make non-commercial use of copywritten material
more acceptable.

[I've seen a lot of home-made videos for songs on YouTube where a
takedown has forced removal of the audio].

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil