[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

David Arcos david.arcos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 12:10:16 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Christian Hufgard <pp at christian-hufgard.de
> wrote:

> > In fact, here in Spain (and I suppose in other countries too) the artists
> > have to PAY to be in the top-lists!
>
> The have to pay to be registered for the charts. And I think that is fair
> - because better positions there grant them a chance for better sales.

No, they pay XXXX euros to be in the #1st position, a bit less to get the
#2nd position, less to get the #3rd...

Note that you talk about sales, and I talk about quality. Maybe our
perspectives are really different and we won't agree because of that. At the
end is simple: I want the artists to earn money by "playing", you want them
to earn money by "marketing". Quite different points of view, right?