[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Thu Oct 29 12:14:28 CET 2009

David Arcos wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Christian Hufgard
> <pp at christian-hufgard.de
>> wrote:
>
>> > In fact, here in Spain (and I suppose in other countries too) the
>> artists
>> > have to PAY to be in the top-lists!
>>
>> The have to pay to be registered for the charts. And I think that is
>> fair
>> - because better positions there grant them a chance for better sales.
>

> No, they pay XXXX euros to be in the #1st position, a bit less to get the
> #2nd position, less to get the #3rd...

If that's true: Why the heck do you have charts then any longer? :)

> Note that you talk about sales, and I talk about quality. Maybe our
> perspectives are really different and we won't agree because of that. At
> the
> end is simple: I want the artists to earn money by "playing", you want
> them
> to earn money by "marketing". Quite different points of view, right?

Nearly. I am pretty fine with artists making money by playing. But I am
not fine with you copying result of the studio work for free - just
because you can.

As I wrote many times: If the artists wants to release there music for
free, that's great. I prefere this as the right way and I spend a lot of
time in promoting plattforms that support them doing this. Maybe that's
why I don't like piracy. The more people copy music illegal, the less use
the legal alternatives and support artists, that are worth to be
supported.

Christian