[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Félix Robles redeadlink at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 12:20:55 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Christian Hufgard <pp at christian-hufgard.de
> wrote:

> > Note that you talk about sales, and I talk about quality. Maybe our
> > perspectives are really different and we won't agree because of that. At
> > the
> > end is simple: I want the artists to earn money by "playing", you want
> > them
> > to earn money by "marketing". Quite different points of view, right?
>
> Nearly. I am pretty fine with artists making money by playing. But I am
> not fine with you copying result of the studio work for free - just
> because you can.

Well, I have bad news for you, because not only I think it's fair to allow
people to share culture if it's non profit, but, because of technological
advances made more than 10 years ago, there's only two ways to stop it:
1) Shut down the whole internet
2) Forbid or limit the transmission of encrypted  data.

What option do you prefer?