[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Fri Oct 30 16:11:14 CET 2009

>> Wasn't it nice from Lilly that she released an instrumental? This way of
>> modification is pretty easy. And I think you know as well as I do, that
>> did ment a little bit more complex changes.
>
> Yes, I know enough about software and enough about music to see the
> difference you were emphasising.

Great. :)

>> This is similar as if you take OpenOffice, create a new binary ooffice
>> with a new splashscreen and let it execute the original office.
>
> Yes, it is - and no it isn't.

By the way: According to german law, it was even a legal use of the
instrumental track.

> Have *you* even tried looking for drivers for
> some of the really cheap junk that goes in a home computer?

Yeah. And I was pretty glad, when the company finally released the sources
under gpl, so someone could make them work...

> He sees the current situation as inherently prejudiced against
> musicians. To try and put it from his point of view, the big media
> companies are screaming, "OMG! If we're not telling people what to
> listen to, they might find something *subversive*, something that we
> didn't make loads of money from."

Well, thats their problem and thats why they cry for harder laws: People
do not buy music copies, they just create them theirself. Which ist
perfectly ok, if everbody who is doing this knows, what he is doing:
Transforming the music industry into something we do not know what it will
look like. (Once again: I don't care, since I consume free stuff). But I
do not want to give them any reason to cry even louder. And everybody
downloading music illegally makes them cry louder. (Spain does it by
allowing the downloads :)

Christian