[pp.int.general] EU block filter

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Thu Apr 1 01:31:34 CEST 2010

Boris Turovskiy wrote:
> Well it's exactly this "slippery slope" argument which I don't buy,
> because if applied with enough creativity it can be used to question
> each and every sort of law and law enforcement.
Sometimes there really is a slope, and is really is slippery. The fact
that a blacklist of internet websites exist and that it must be kept
secret because "the government can't publish a list of pedopornographic
websites" is closer to a ski track than a slippery slope. Wasn't it in
Australia that it was shown that 95% of the websites on the block list
were not pedopornographic websites ?

The slippery slope argument is used abusively in many cases, but in the
present case where a legal disposition is proposed with all the legal
tools to secretly extend it far wider than its scope, it is really a
usable argument.