[pp.int.general] Pirates Democracy - Liquid Democracy

Reinier Bakels rbakels at ffii.org
Mon Apr 5 07:57:03 CEST 2010

>> In sum, I believe that there are tough policy questions for pirates
>> that need an answer short term. Plans for the 22nd century can wait.  A
>> rough vision is enough.
>>

> could you please point out how this relates to Liquid Feedback?

I am totally confused. Do you distinguish "liquid feedback" from "liquid
democracy"? Is there any poiint in advocating just internal liquid
democracy? Anyway, Dutch PP was set up mistakenly with a *reduced* democracy
that prevents ordinary members to vote directly. Under Dutch association
law, such a structure is allowed, but it is notmally only used for
associations of > 100000 members.

Anyway, I am allergic for ideas that pirates should change the political
system itself. Because the situation widely varies by country, it is not
straightforward to propose a better alternative to present-day structures,
and getting them accepted is tedious.

reinier