[pp.int.general] Electronic votes and safety

Perline-Parti Pirate (fr) perline at partipirate.org
Mon Apr 19 20:09:57 CEST 2010

Who can check the votes ?
WHow can we check that the machine is ok ?
Who has the papers, means the real votes to check ?

It is the most important thing.
And theses papers should be publics, as there is no name on it, which means that there are anonymous.
On that way it should be possible to check, really, counting on the side of the vote machine.

Le Lundi 19 Avril 2010 09:26:11 Jerry Weyer <jerry.weyer at pp-international.net>, dans un message intitulé "Re:
[pp.int.general] Election Results" nous a informés :
> The voting mode was proposed by one delegate and voted on by the others who
> accepted it.
>
>> 2010/4/18 W Tovey <will.tovey at pp-international.net>
>>
>> As mentioned already, the vote was carried out by Single Transferable Vote
>>> as described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote
>>> The counting was all done "automatically" using OpenSTV which can be found
>>> here: http://www.openstv.org/
>>> This process was agreed upon by the delegates.
>>>
>>> For the record I should probably confess that the original post in this
>>> thread wasn't made by me - one of the side effects of the "sea of laptops"
>>> that were lying around at the conference (it was posted by the returning
>>> officers who dealt with all of this stuff). Personally, I'm not really sure
>>> how the voting worked, but I'm a mathematician and knowing that an
>>> explanation exists (i.e. on Wiki) and that I could find out exactly how it
>>> works (from the other site linked) is enough for me.
>>>
>>> [Also, if people want to contact me personally, in the future please use
>>> my PPUK address, not the PPI one. If you want to contact the "person who
>>> tries to know what's going on with PPI stuff", you'll need to try someone
>>> else.]
>>>
>>> -Will

- --
****Fin du message end - Signature****
Perline at partipirate.org
http://2010.parti-pirate-elections.fr/
http://PartiPirate.org

Ce message est couvert par le secret de la correspondance
(art. 226-15 et 432-9 du Code pénal)