[pp.int.general] Election Results

Marco Confalonieri marco.confalonieri at email.it
Tue Apr 20 10:11:14 CEST 2010

Majong ha scritto:

> Before one can talk about male chauvinism ad discrimination, it's
> maybe worth considering why so few women are attracted by the pirate
> movement?
> Is it a bad approach, wrong marketing or simply lack of interest?

Maybe we need something like that:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/
although I hope the pirate movement is less harsh with newbies than the
kernel mailing list :-)

> On the other hand, who best than ourselves, i.e. women, can convince
> other women to be part of the pirate movement and in extension be part
> of next PPI elections. Maybe instead of jumping for hasty conclusions,
> we should work on a better female representation in all levels and
> step forward when it comes to elections, etc.

What I was meaning was that a majority can be discriminating just by
being unaware of differences. I was replying to what I understood of
Perline's article. Maybe I just misunderstood it, but I interpreted the
sentence "La nouvelle génération d’hommes politiques ressemble
furieusement aux précédentes... " in that sense, since the previous
generation of male politicians (at least in Italy, where they seem to be
glued to their seats) is mentally old, chauvinist and often ignorant.

Regards,

--
Marco Confalonieri