[pp.int.general] Election Results

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:25:31 CEST 2010

Ahoi,
> I am already working on a proposal to the Board for a WOPI  (Woman
> Pirates) program, based on Gender equality principles and based on
> some ideas on womoz.org <http://womoz.org>
>
> I have already invited Perline to help me and I will contact more
> members soon. Please be patient, we will have results soon
Sorry everybody, but that is just the kind of mainstream gender talk
that we - as a movement of the new generation - should avoid. As one
German blogger wrote when the topic of "discrimination" and "male
chauvinism" came up in connection with the Pirate Party - "I address all
of you feminists, civil right defenders and equality proponents: you
should actually be very, very proud of yourselves that it hasn't taken
longer than the first decade of the 21st century for a political
movement to emerge that doesn't concern itself with issues of
discrimination because it considers the fact that the sexes are equal
and should not be a basis for any prejudices as an obvious fact, not
something to be fought for". Actually, the gender topic came up really
prominently about a month ago when the TAZ (Germany's leading left-wing
propaganda paper) tried to nail us for being male-chauvinist - and it's
quite symbolic that as soon as twofemale members of the Berlin regional
board wrote an article against it they were at once branded by the core
readership of the paper as being "female mysogynists" and "devotschkas".
So I really hope we can avoid slipping into this thought structure.

Best regards,
Boris