[pp.int.general] The conference - what went wrong; how can we do better?

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Thu Apr 22 04:30:58 CEST 2010

I second the idea of holding the next conference outside Europe. The
first five conferences have been held in Europe, and I do not think it
is fair to people in other parts of the world if we hold all conferences
in Europe.

As for financing the conference, I suggest that PPI takes care of
financing. If PPI does not have enough cash to finance the conference
(as was the case this time), PPI should ask for a conference participant
fee. Costs should of course be as small as possible, but including food
may be cheaper than participants going to restaurants for food.
Travelling cost should be covered by participants - though
crowd-sourcing travelling costs always is an option.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.