[pp.int.general] The conference - what went wrong; how can we do better?

Rodrigo Pereira rodripe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 14:09:53 CEST 2010

>    I would never vote to make a remote conference in India, Vietnam,
> Cambodja, Thailand or even Singapore for European people, as pings are
> never below 300 ms and usually around 400-500ms. Now, after my tests, I
> would also don't vote Brazil until it gets better Internet
> communicacions with Europe, as previously said.

This is irrelevant because we are not discussing conference projects, this
is just an invitation. Using a good hardware and a good compression, and one
of our icecast2 servers in Sweden, I think we can do a very good streaming.
Please do not disqualify an invitation using a technical justification. That
does not change the value of the invitation. And this is unnecessary.

Rodrigo.