[pp.int.general] Technical Reasons not to meet in Brazil

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at contralaguerra.org
Fri Apr 23 16:22:21 CEST 2010

Rodrigo/Jorge,

En/na Rodrigo Pereira ha escrit:

>        I would never vote to make a remote conference in India, Vietnam,
>     Cambodja, Thailand or even Singapore for European people, as pings are
>     never below 300 ms and usually around 400-500ms. Now, after my
>     tests, I
>     would also don't vote Brazil until it gets better Internet
>     communicacions with Europe, as previously said.
>

> This is irrelevant because we are not discussing conference projects,
> this is just an invitation.
Then your invitation is also irrelevant, isn't it?
> Using a good hardware and a good compression, and one of our icecast2
> servers in Sweden, I think we can do a very good streaming. Please do
> not disqualify an invitation using a technical justification. That
> does not change the value of the invitation. And this is unnecessary.
Cross-continental delay in  communications  has little to do with your
hardware (unless  using SatCom), so, you are (again) wrong.

An invitation must be checked in all aspects: easiness/affordability of
traveling to that place as well as granting a decent remote
participation. If some point fails, the invitation weakens.

Unnecessary is blaming other people, crying to get cash back when some
people donated for you and a lot more lost personal cash. Unnecessary is
telling others that they have prejudices when they reply/answer/comment
on something you don't like.

Sorry, Brazil might be a nice country but it's not the place for a low
budget congress with remote delegates using VoIP, as VoIP will be CRAPPY
for 5/6 of delegates. That is a fact. Without VoIP, any remote delegate
will feel impotent, as it happened last time.

It would also be a bad place because of people like you two, but this is
a personal opinion, not a fact.

Is that a prejudice or you simply want it and don't accept any FACT
against it? Stop blaming other people saying they have prejudices just
because we don't share your points.

Grow up, you are the ones with prejudices.

> Rodrigo.
Kenneth