[pp.int.general] Pirate support for Wikileaks

Nicolas Sahlqvist nicco77 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 03:49:10 CET 2010

Mixing the organisation Wikileaks with the assault charge of Assange is not
the best of ideas and treating it differently could indicate that we don't
really believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty..

I tend to think it is important to make a statement in support for the work
Wikileaks does at the moment considering how it is threatened. We could
mention other organisations that works on similar goals as you mention, but
that part of the message would probably not be noticed when all media talks
about is Wikileaks.

There are also other ways to support leaks, by actively spreading leaks on
the net. I seem to have this new hobby of reading SECRET cables from
Wikileaks and the corrupt governor (Juma Khan Hamdard) of the Paktia
province in Afghanistan caught my attention so I updated his Wikipedia page
with the following sentences:

"In May 2007 he was forced to resign as governor of Jowzjan when thousands
demonstrated against him. Forces under his command shot at demonstrators in
the Uzbek town of Shibirghan, killing thirteen and injuring more than
thirty."

"He is currently under investigations for soliciting bribes from contractors
by having them arrested at job sites and held until the bribes were paid"

And referenced to the Guardian quoting the cable from Wikileaks:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/241681

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/241681>I have
to say that it was a very satisfactory to save those changes! ;)

- Nicolas