[pp.int.general] PPI's Consultation process and principles

Patrick Mächler v/o Valio valio at visionsinteractive.ch
Fri Feb 19 15:50:11 CET 2010

As a person from Switzerland I personally prefer public consultations
(we have ballots here quarterly); that's also what we're establishing
with the task forces; they are completely open to pirates and they do
discuss such issues (see Gregory's mail); just join the group!

There is still the problem to reach through to all pirates tough.

Anonymous consultations on the other side are debatable.
There is no system to proof that you're a legitimate member of a pirate
party. You can do anonymous consultations but you still have to base
your decisions on non anonymous party representatives; and then we also
are faced with the question what a pirate party actually is and what not...

Be assured that it's in no way easy to make decisions in the current
situation.

-pat