[pp.int.general] PPI's Consultation process and principles

Jerry Weyer jerry.weyer at piratepartei.lu
Sun Feb 21 10:44:45 CET 2010

Hello,

An incorporated association means the law recognizes that there is
"something", but there is no legal personality and no difference between the
association and the members. So the members are fully responsible and act in
their own name. Also the bank account is registered to a private person and
not to PPI as PPI doesn't have legal personality (thus can't conclude any
contracts).

It's confusing they call it association while it isn't one ;) But it's our
advantage now because we can change everything in the statutes at the
conference. Therefore a change of name, organisation, structure etc. is no
problem as there are no legal requirements as to how to change a de facto
organisation (contrary to a real association).

It's law and it's confusing, but the Statutes Taskforce will surely find
it's head around this ;)

Greetings,

Jerry

PP-Luxembourg