[pp.int.general] PPI's Consultation process and principles

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 12:20:30 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl> wrote:
> Registering the party name as a brand name is something else. Allegedly
> trademarks can also be registered nowadays outside the realm of trade.
> Commercials firsm should be prevented from hijacking the PP or PPI name.

IANAL, but I believe proving our anteriority wrt to the name "Pirate
Party" should be enough to prevent such situations -- except if said
"trademark" was to be used in a totally different context, e.g. to
sell pencils or whatever, in which case we wouldn't win even with a
registered trademark.

(BTW I'm really looking forward to see "Pirate Party" pencils and
supermarkets everywhere ;)

Cheers,
Valentin