[pp.int.general] International public relations initial drafting process,

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Fri Feb 26 23:25:44 CET 2010

Hello Glenn

On 26.02.2010, at 21:54, Glenn Kerbein wrote:

> 	Some context is required. http://vimeo.com/6647132 In this video,
> Amelia is interviewed a gentleman.

Those videos you are referring to were not produced by the
respective pirate parties but by Andrew Keen, who is an
british-american autor and blogger:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Keen

So they had no or very limited control over the setting of the filming.
If distracting background noises and movement can be seen,
it is the fault of Mr. Keen

> Perhaps a good formula to use: if you lack confidence in
> providing a cogent argument with a foreign language (I am assuming
> that
> Amelia's primary language is Swedish), then request that the
> interviewer
> try to accommodate to your native tongue.

This is an idea that is clearly from an mind of an english speaking
native
(but i must admit,  the french share similar views) - but it is quite
unthinkable for most europeans. People would laugh at the lack
of english confidence, as happened recently to the new german
vice chancelor Guido Westerwelle as he refused to answer an interview
question in english.
.
> 	Another point to bring up: dress. I'm not saying that everyone should
> don an Armani suit, be clean shaven, or have a tophat. But if you
> wear a
> t-shirt e.g. this: http://vimeo.com/6648645 . It only reinforces the
> "Pirate Bay Party" mentality - which is not the best image to bolster.

This is again a view that is not shared here in europe, i dare say. The
two dutch gentlemen are dressed quite adrette and the worst you
actually do is to be "dressed up" and uncomfortable. this would be
inauthentic and everyone could sense it.

> 	Some notes from the US side of things:
> 	No, I will not allow solicitation or endorsement of illicit wholesale
> filesharing. We will not act as the US branch of the Pirate Bay. Nor
> will I lobby on their behalf, nor on the behalf of current or previous
> operators of the site.

I don't think, that any Pirate Party would refer themselves as the
"branch
of Pirate Bay". Those who say so are usually critics of the Pirate Party
movement.

> --
> Glenn "Channel6" Kerbein
> United States Pirate Party

On a personal note - can I invite you to join the PPI Statutes Task
Force
that is in the process of preparing the statutes and structure proposals
for the international conference in Brussels that is about to happen on
april 14th to 16th ?
here is the link:

http://www.mypirates.net/ppi_development

Gregory Engels