[pp.int.general] Obama's support for his election campaign

tyler durden whooka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 19:05:42 CET 2010

> This is an escalation to civil war on the part of the Obama
> administration. History shows that this is exactly the kind of move that
> occurs right before people decide to commit to a violent resolution.

Never mind about the hundreds of thousands of innocents who were
killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, wars that Obama is still perpetuating?
Never mind about how Obama said he would stop torture practices and
close Guantanamo Bay, but how last week he sorta missed his own
deadline?
Never mind that the big banks got billions of dollars in bailouts when
people have to worry about paying rent and getting proper healthcare?

I feel the copyright issue. I really do. $675,000 dollars is a lot of
money to ask of a student from a multi billion dollar recording
industry.

But sorry Ray - there are issues that are more relevant to the
struggles of people's everyday lives, issues much more likely to
result in a revolutionary general strike situation. I'm involved in
community justice organizations fighting layoffs, privatization of
public services, and corruption in other areas of government. And I've
brought up some of the core USPP issues to other people and although
most people agree with our positions, there are just more pressing
issues people are willing to fight over.

You're right, though. The situation is very dire and we have little
hope for change from members of the ruling class - even the liberals.
You're right that maybe the time has come to consider other tactics
such as civil disobedience. Shit man. When the pigs kill a 16 year old
person in Greece, the whole country goes up and police stations burn
to the ground. In Chicago, the cops kill kids down my block almost on
a monthly basis. What we need is to build strong coalitions that are
capable of effective direct actions outside the electoral process.

And people are already doing it - taking to the streets, wrecking what
is wrecking us. There's giant protests outside of both the Republican
and Democratic National Conventions every time, and when the "free"
trade conference like G20 come to town, there's tens of thousands of
people in the streets for a range of issues that are, I'd say, much
more important and pressing than copyright issues.

This is what I see as a failure of the United States Pirate Party -
all internal personality squabbles aside, our politics simply aren't
resonating to people who are mad about a lot of other reasons. In
working with the American Pirate Party I tried to tell people about
the USPP, our politics, our history - and people said the same thing,
blew right by us, and started their own organization and already are
several times bigger than us.