[pp.int.general] Obama's support for his election campaign

Ray Jenson ray.jenson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 02:01:41 CET 2010

tyler durden wrote:
>> This is an escalation to civil war on the part of the Obama
>> administration. History shows that this is exactly the kind of move that
>> occurs right before people decide to commit to a violent resolution.
>
> Never mind about the hundreds of thousands of innocents who were
> killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, wars that Obama is still perpetuating?
> Never mind about how Obama said he would stop torture practices and
> close Guantanamo Bay, but how last week he sorta missed his own
> deadline?

These are sideline issues, which are related to sovereignty and not the
mainline issues which go toward solving our tendency to interfere.

To be clear: Obama didn't miss the deadline. The US Department of
Defense missed the deadline.

Obama did stop torture practices.

If we had correctly handled corporate interference in our political
processes to begin with, we wouldn't have gone over there.

And, for the record, Obama did actually oppose the war as a state
senator in Illinois in 2003. And without support from the population and
the promised transparency, Obama's regime cannot retain the integrity
necessary.

> Never mind that the big banks got billions of dollars in bailouts when
> people have to worry about paying rent and getting proper healthcare?

This is also a sideline issue. If we prevented patents from becoming the
cumbersome instrument that they now are, and used them for the intended
purpose of ensuring attribution instead of prevention of progress,
medical expenses wouldn't ever have gotten so far out of control that
the healthcare issue exists the way it does.

So you see, the core issues remain unchanged.

> I feel the copyright issue. I really do. $675,000 dollars is a lot of
> money to ask of a student from a multi billion dollar recording
> industry.

It is, but this has almost nothing to do with the money. It's the core
issue of the right of access to culture.

> But sorry Ray - there are issues that are more relevant to the
> struggles of people's everyday lives, issues much more likely to
> result in a revolutionary general strike situation. I'm involved in
> community justice organizations fighting layoffs, privatization of
> public services, and corruption in other areas of government. And I've
> brought up some of the core USPP issues to other people and although
> most people agree with our positions, there are just more pressing
> issues people are willing to fight over.

Such as?

> You're right, though. The situation is very dire and we have little
> hope for change from members of the ruling class - even the liberals.
> You're right that maybe the time has come to consider other tactics
> such as civil disobedience. Shit man. When the pigs kill a 16 year old
> person in Greece, the whole country goes up and police stations burn
> to the ground. In Chicago, the cops kill kids down my block almost on
> a monthly basis. What we need is to build strong coalitions that are
> capable of effective direct actions outside the electoral process.

Civil disobedience is not an activity which a political party is allowed
to suggest, due to the laws being what they are in the US. If it did, it
couldn't be a political party any more--it would become every bit the
criminal organization that the MAFIAA is doing.

> And people are already doing it - taking to the streets, wrecking what
> is wrecking us. There's giant protests outside of both the Republican
> and Democratic National Conventions every time, and when the "free"
> trade conference like G20 come to town, there's tens of thousands of
> people in the streets for a range of issues that are, I'd say, much
> more important and pressing than copyright issues.

Such as?

> This is what I see as a failure of the United States Pirate Party -
> all internal personality squabbles aside, our politics simply aren't
> resonating to people who are mad about a lot of other reasons. In
> working with the American Pirate Party I tried to tell people about
> the USPP, our politics, our history - and people said the same thing,
> blew right by us, and started their own organization and already are
> several times bigger than us.

Failure is an opportunity.

The issues of copyright, patent, privacy, governmental transparency, and
free speech are all at the core of every issue you've brought up.

Thanks for your input, the counterpoint is appreciated, but you really
aren't as informed as you believe you are.