[pp.int.general] Pirate Party of Europe Task Force

Peter Reineke preineke at gmx.com
Sat Jun 5 19:10:52 CEST 2010

Hi

I noticed the plans for an European PP Task force.

> This task force has the aim of preparing the foundation of the
> European Pirate Party. This includes the legal side - like compiling /
> updating the requirement list for european party eligibility, and the
> creation and coordination of a roadmap to fulfill those criteria,
> including coordinating a plan for participating in European Parliament
> elections accross the European Pirate Parties.

I question whether it is worth it building a beaurocratic framework for
European piracy. What is the goal of this?
It is unlikely that any party other than the Swedish will have MEPs in
the EP until 2014. Further policy making is still to be done by the
national parties, so I fail to see any immediate need for an European
Pirate Party.

On the other hand there would be immediate benefit, if we had a loose
pool of people actually working on EU issues.
The task force to me seems like another possibility to waste energy in
meta-politics, instead of attacking the real issues going on in the
European lawmaking.
I think that very few pirates in the different parties are experts for
European politics. But we need experts, so anyone interested in EU
politics should use his time on becoming an expert instead of creating
another governing body.

Cheers,
Peter