[pp.int.general] question about organisation of national pirate parties

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Tue Mar 9 20:45:20 CET 2010

I'd like to know how national parties are organised. I assume that in most countries only registered associations can register as political parties, like in the Netherlands? In particular I am interested in the *internal* democracy of national PP's. Do you adopt a one-man-one-vote system, or a tiered system?
Some people argue that a tiered system is indispensable for defense against "troll" attacks (e.g. a major GEMA delegation in Germany becoming PPDE member - so that there is a pro-copyright majority), but - at least under (even "default") Dutch association law, the board decides who can be a member - and will not accept memebrship applications from trolls.

I believe that direct democracy is indispensable for a political organisation. Do you?

reinier